Saturday 5 November 2011

Welcome...

As it says above, welcome to my blog - I don't know how it's going to pan out, if i can keep it interesting enough or even if I'm eloquent enough to carry it off, in time we will see...

I have a passion. A passion for motorcycle racing. Its been with me since I attended my first meeting at Cadwell Park (aged 4 so I'm told!) and has continued unrelenting for 34 years since. There are few people in my everyday life I can truly share this passion with. Twitter is a fantastic outlet and is chock full of like minded people who share the same level of passion - and in some cases even more so, and its with these fine people in mind that I set about this blog

I do not claim to be an expert, there are far more knowledgeable than me on all matters racing but I am a fan - a massive fan truth be told - not just World level racing either. The British Championship is equally, if not more important to me and as I've said many times on Twitter 'I love MotoGP, I love WSB, hell, I even love Speedway! But I absolutely adore BSB' which just about sums me up.

I don't know whether to head in to race reports on here or what the content will entail, I would say rumour and conjecture are possible but so are just my inane ramblings but either way I'll try and keep it upbeat and entertaining. 

When I first floated the idea through the medium of Twitter in the week I was given a molten drop of pearl wisdom from @jearle which went along the lines of everyone has a thousand crap words in them but there after the quality comes. Thanks for the encouragement and advice Jared, I wouldn't be doing this now if it wasn't for you so its your fault if I fail...just kidding. With that nugget of advice in mind I will do my best to achieve something worthwhile and feel free to tell me if I'm falling short...constructively where possible!

So that's the idea of my own blog, somewhere to float my thoughts and put finger to keys on what makes this sport of ours so bloody good, so damn frustrating at times and, ultimately, on occasion so sad.

I know its a little late in the season to start but I have a few ideas knocking about to kick things off and also just have a little practice off the back of MotoGP in Valencia. I have thoughts on Marco Simoncelli and Casey Stoner which I will share at some point but for now, thanks for reading and I hope you will return regularly...if not, why not?!

If you can't follow me on my blog, follow me on Twitter @DaveNeal

Cheers

1 comment: